- To source for products that are ethically produced, meaning where the workers are paid a fair wage for their work, enjoy statutory rights such as pay and leave and enjoy good working conditions. Through this we hope that the living standards of such producers and their communities will be increased.
- We will not sell any products that have been produced as a result of child labour or in sweat shops.
- We believe in the preservation of traditional craftsmanship and will support handmade products wherever possible.
- We support recycling, re-using and any products that preserve our scarce natural resources.
- Where we do not get products direct from the primary producers, we will only work with suppliers/wholesalers who have ethical business practices and preferably those which are Fair Trade Organisations or members of the British Association of Fair Trade Shops, World Fair Trade Organization or any such similar organisations.
- We believe that producers should obtain a fair price for their products and therefore we do not believe in pushing our suppliers to lower their prices.
- We support a fairer distribution of world trade and will endeavour to source products from less popular trading countries.
You will also find production information for most of our products on this website.